1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS corrupted + Flashing dash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by famfelimban, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famfelimban

famfelimban Thread Starter

when i first turned on my computer i got a blue screen message saying that BIOS is corrupted and now is updating. Then the computer restarts and a flashing dash come up on a black screen and nothing else happens.

Whenever I restarts the computer the same process happens.

Anyone can suggest any fixes or causes???

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Maybe clearing the BIOS could help. Look at the motherboard menu, there should be a jumper which you can set to clear the BIOS.

If you can still enter the BIOS by pressing a certain key on startup, then you can choose Load BIOS defaults or some similar setting.

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

If you do clear the Bios with the jumper, make sure the power/battery is disconnected while doing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice