Bios Crashed Again, But this time, WORST!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Souljah123

Hi guys, ive posted b4 that i had an problem to turn my comp on, and now again, i updated my BIOS, since it was having some problems on stablity, and this time, it said : You may now restart ( appeared after flashing the bios ).
So i pressed the restart button on my computer and after, that, i cant see anything else on the screen! I waited and waited, looked in the manual, Cleared Bios, ( CLRTC ), shoved a original bios back up floppy inside and still no luck, to me, it's probably screwed up now, and i need a new MOBO.
Can anyone recommend me a S754 MOBO, for gaming and overclocking?
Btw, i didnt overclock b4 it screwed up... i just wanted to try it when i get a new MOBO, if necessary...

Most newer boards have a jumper to clear the CMOS and allow you to reload it . . look at the motherboard instructions.

Reading his post it looks like he's tried to clear the 'cmos' already. Or it may not have been done correctly. Some boards it's just a matter of moving a jumper and other boards it's removing the bios battery. Just to be sure I would try doing both(after unplugging the power supply and cycling the power switch a couple times to clear any residual charge).

Souljah123

ive done it correctly, i followed the 5 steps...
turn off, unplug cord
remove battery
switch from 1-2 to 2-3 for 10 seconds and switch back
replace battery
plug cord, turn on
and it still didnt work o_O
grrr, this is makin me wanna go suicide

try loading the original BIOS with the jumper in the 2-3 settting . . then turn off . . reset jumper to 1-2 and reboot . . see if it will accept the new BIOS that way

Yep . . some boards will and some will not . . you may be SOL . . sorry . . it should not have happened.

crjdriver

You MAY not be out of luck. Asus boards have what is called crash free bios; part of the bios block is write protected.

Check your manual for the exact procedure, however it [generally] requires just the bios xxx.bin or xxx.rom file on a floppy. Put the floppy in the drive and restart. Your support CD also should have the original bios on it as well.

Again check your manual.

crjdriver

Just checked and yes you do have crash free bios. This is from the asus specs for your board.

ASUS CrashFree BIOS2
The CrashFree BIOS 2 feature now includes the BIOS auto-recovery function in a support CD. Users can reboot their system through the support CD when a bootable disk is not available, and go through the simple BIOS auto-recovery process.
ASUS motherboards now enable users to enjoy this protection feature without the need to pay for an optional ROM.

Souljah123

but i cant even see anything on the screen -_-, it doenst say my bios screwed up or anything, nothing shows on the screen after i updated the bios -_-.. Ahh!

Souljah123

Yeah, i read it over and over again, i was suppose to see a msg about that my BIOS was corrupted but now i see nothing at all! I tried putting the CD or the floppy in, but it still didnt work... guess i gotta buy a new one -_-
I found a DFI Lanparty UT nforce3 250gb s754 , is taht a good one?

crjdriver

Buying a bios chip from them or having yours reflashed will be a lot less money.

Souljah123

my parents never trust websites that ships items, they only trust those that have in-store pick up and near my house... im in Canada, and im going to buy a MOBO today, i need a good MOBO, can some1 recommend me one that is good 4 gaming and under $120 US/ $150 CAD on this site : www.ncix.com , please be in stock

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online