1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS Diabled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pipercub, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipercub

pipercub Thread Starter

Hi,

Windows Me
    MB QDI Advance5/133
    CPU P3 535
    Mem 512mb
    BIOS 1.63a
    video 3dfx voodoo 3000
    HD-generic 27.3 gig 5400 rpm
    HD Western Digital 60 gig 7200 rpm
    Monitor MAG DX700-t
    Pioneer DVD ROM 500-m
    HP Photosmart S-20
    HP 5200 scanner
    HP 970 printer
    There are no conflicts for hardware
    No forced hardware
    The computer loads fine into windows
    The question was raised about the added 60gig HD full capacity not being recognized. So when I came over to check it out as I was starting the computer up I notice the message "BIOS is disabled". When I pressed the "Delete" key I was not able to get into the BIOS. Windows continued to be loaded without any noticable problems. Apparently this message about the BIOS has been there for some time. How do we enable the BIOS?
    The other thing I noticed is that the red light indicating HD activity is constantly on.
    If you need more info let me know.
    Thanks.

2. kknla

kknla

3. pipercub

pipercub Thread Starter

I am trying to help a friend with this and come to find out he had installed a controller card. I need to find out what it is. I disconnected the keyboard and booted the computer. I was able to get into the BIOS that way. The second HD still only showed 31.5 gigs of 60 so I ran fdisk trying to create one partition of 100% and it showed 31.5 gigs. Also the red light indicating HD activity stays on all the time still and I cannot get into the BIOS just by hitting the delete key like normal during boot up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice