BIOS Diabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pipercub

Hi,

Windows Me
MB QDI Advance5/133
CPU P3 535
Mem 512mb
BIOS 1.63a
video 3dfx voodoo 3000
HD-generic 27.3 gig 5400 rpm
HD Western Digital 60 gig 7200 rpm
Monitor MAG DX700-t
Pioneer DVD ROM 500-m
HP Photosmart S-20
HP 5200 scanner
HP 970 printer
There are no conflicts for hardware
No forced hardware
The computer loads fine into windows
The question was raised about the added 60gig HD full capacity not being recognized. So when I came over to check it out as I was starting the computer up I notice the message "BIOS is disabled". When I pressed the "Delete" key I was not able to get into the BIOS. Windows continued to be loaded without any noticable problems. Apparently this message about the BIOS has been there for some time. How do we enable the BIOS?
The other thing I noticed is that the red light indicating HD activity is constantly on.
If you need more info let me know.
Thanks.

pipercub

I am trying to help a friend with this and come to find out he had installed a controller card. I need to find out what it is. I disconnected the keyboard and booted the computer. I was able to get into the BIOS that way. The second HD still only showed 31.5 gigs of 60 so I ran fdisk trying to create one partition of 100% and it showed 31.5 gigs. Also the red light indicating HD activity stays on all the time still and I cannot get into the BIOS just by hitting the delete key like normal during boot up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online