1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS Flashed Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apakhira, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apakhira

apakhira Thread Starter

I have an Lucky Tech SYE P6 LX7(Relabelled to Mercury KOB-lxs370) mobo with an Award BIOS.I recently flashed the BIOS incorrectly.As a result,my computer wont boot up.I t is rebooting at 1 second intervals.I have followed the BIOS recovery procedure which is as follows-
    1. Make a bootable floppy.
    2. Make an autoexec.bat file with the line- (BIOS flashing program) (BIOS file),where (BIOS Flashing program) is AWD77,in my case.
    3. Switch on the computer after inserting the floppy.
      [/list=1]
      But the computer does not check the floppy as it is rebooting every 1 second.I know this because the HDD is initializing every 1 second and I hear a sound from the speakers every 1 second.How will I get to flash the BIOS?

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi apakhira, Welcome to TSG !!
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your BIOS may be toast. But try taking these suggestions from this site!!

[​IMG]

3. torgo

torgo

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the BIOS FLASH is in a socket, and you have the binary image of the correct code, it's quite possible to burn it externally. I've done this for several people, including myself a couple of times. :) I've never tried loading the wrong BIOS, but I had a power glitch once while FLASHing one, and the other one hung for no apparent reason. I never asked the other people what happened, just burned the correct code. Both of mine were easily recovered by popping the chip out and burning it in my FLASH programmer. It helps to be an EE with tools. :D

5. apakhira

apakhira Thread Starter

Thank you for your info,johnwill.Where do you live.Do you flash BIOS EEPROMs for people outside your country?And,can you name a website which describes how to easily build an EEPROM programmer?
    :)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Let's just say that India is a long drive from Pennsylvania in the US! :D:D:D

7. rugrat

rugrat

apakhira

You may want to check here, www.badflash.com

I have used them before. Not sure if they ship to India, can't hurt to ask.

SeeYa

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice