BIOS Gone, Computer Won't Boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luevan

I bought this Computer from Sears about a year ago,
It is a Northgate with Windows XP
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD6.00PG, 11-7-2002
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Today, by mistake I put in a CD That came with the computer, It was called "Motherboard Drivers" When I put it in the computer, a message came on saying; Updating Flash / BIOS, then It said removing old BIOS, then error, when I tried to reboot it, all I get is a black screen and a message box that says "No Signal Input"
I don't even have the blinking Dash.
Any help would be appreciated, Luevan

Hi luevan!

Believe me, i wish i had better news for you. Flashing the bios can be a very disasterous thing. Especially when things go wrong. I dont know what reason you needed to flash the bios but, im guessing you flashed it with an incorrect bios or shut the machine down before it finished the flash.

The only time you should flash the bios is when it will fix a problem your motherboard is experiencing.

When a bios flash fails it renders the motherboard useless. Since it doesnt have the instructions to function. Unless this is a dual bios motherboard. It's pretty hopeless unless you can find somewhere online or the manufacturer to reflash your bios to the proper one. If this doesnt help then im going to have to say your going to need a new motherboard.

Im sorry for your loss.
TC
Good Luck
rockin'male :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online