1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS, HHD, or MoBo Issue????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WINME, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WINME

WINME Thread Starter

Finally got everything together and the nerve to flip on the switch, thanks to the advice that I have gained from some great people here. ;)

Though when booting it does something that I have never seen a PC do before and it has me wondering.

Like any system the first thing displayed is the bios. "Fasttrak 378 BIOS 1.00.037".

Then it goes on to a second line "Scanning for IDE"

After it has several periods posted after the Scanning for IDE, it then states.

" No drive attached to Fasttrak controller, The Bios is not installed"

What exactly is it telling me. I searched Asus's site for info of this nature, and come up empty handed.

I have been able to go on and install windows and the software/drivers needed for other hardware, with out any trouble. Along with copying everything I wanted from my previous PC on to this system, again surprisingly no trouble....yet.

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The fasttrak bios is most likely an onboard raid / sata controller made by promise. If nothing is connected to the controller, then the bios [controller not system] will not load.

If you do not use this feature, it can be disabled in the system bios. Disabling the raid or sata will allow your system to boot faster because it will not be looking for devices attached to the controller.

4. WINME

WINME Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice