Bios missing options

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xXComputerGuyXx

I am running...
Sony vaio (pcg71913l)
Windows 10
Intel i7 2720qm
8gb ram
1TB
Bios: INSYDE R0200Z9

This happened before i even upgraded my processor or even my ram, its missing options like uefi/legacy mode, and other type of stuff. I have the latest version of the bios, and i even tried resetting it by taking out the battery from the mother board, although it didnt work. It would be great if someone can help me out. If you need pictures, dont hesitate. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

The BIOS you have is the one that Sony have installed. Most of the big box manufacturers (and that includes Sony) provide a version of bios that has some elements disabled on purpose, as they dont want you changing some settings. this stops untrained users from mucking around, changing something essential, breaking the computer and then taking it back as broken- which if you think about it is pretty fair really.
Hopefully that answers your question- there is nothing broken, its the way sony have designed it.

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
xXComputerGuyXx, Gulo is quite right. You likely have an OEM (Sony) BIOS , which as stated almost ALWAYS disables certain settings. It likely is just an OEM BIOS and no issues with it.

xXComputerGuyXx

Aaaa well... it used to have those options.. but ok thanks anyways! :)

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
You said you have the latest version of BIOS, correct? Did you install the newest version AFTER the issue in hopes to fix it?

xXComputerGuyXx

.... good question... i am really not sure...this happed a while ago... But its alright, as long as everything is running fine, thank you metallica5456 and Gulo Luseus

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
Cheers. :)

What I was getting at, and it's just a thought, was that it's possible that the OEM had some of those options open in the beginning and then might have had issues where people were chanigning the settings not knowing exactly what they were doing so in the new patches they locked those settings. :)

crjdriver

The above is correct. Bios updates very often include new options OR remove options. While it is technically possible to edit the bios file and have those options back, it would cost you about as much as a new laptop.
Editing a bios file requires a pretty high level of skill. One incorrect keystroke and your bios can be corrupted ie unbootable.

Are you sure you have looked in all of the menus/sub menus for whatever setting you want? It is not uncommon to move or change options.

xXComputerGuyXx

As far as i know, there is nothing useful info about my laptop, so i think i am safe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online