Solved Bios mode always shows during start up

cynthiaarce1028

I recently put in a new SSD in my PC. Every since I put the new drive in my (Asus X99 AII Motherboard) Monitor always shows the Asus Bios UFEI Adavnce settings every time I turn my computer on now. I have tried resetting the settings by f5 and f10 already, not sure where to disable this boot up feature. It was not like this the first time I put my PC together, I'm assuming its bc I have a new piece inside.

If you're referring to the BIOS splash screen; you can disable that in the BIOS.

If you could post a quick vid using your phone so we can see exactly what you are referring to would be a big help.

cynthiaarce1028

If you're referring to the BIOS splash screen; you can disable that in the BIOS.

If you could post a quick vid using your phone so we can see exactly what you are referring to would be a big help.

Yes, It is the BIOS splash screen. I don't know to disable. I just switch the main harddrive during start up everytime in order to access my PC (Website didnt let me upload video bc MP4 file, but nothing but turning on device was done)

Attachments

plodr

Liz
I just switch the main harddrive during start up everytime in order to access my PC
If you do this in the BIOS, make sure under the BOOT tab, the drive you wish to have the computer boot up is first in the list. Simply picking it and exiting the BIOS will not make it your favored boot device and that's why you constantly have to change it every time you turn on the PC.

After you have moved the correct boot drive to first place, you save the changes and exit the BIOS.

If the changes are not saved, you might need a new CMOS battery.

cynthiaarce1028

That is normal and supposed to do that.

This I don't understand.
The Bios Splash screen is the first thing that pops up when I turn on PC, but if I do not select a different SSD each time (I flip flop between my 250 & 500GB SSD) My computer will not start up on its normal windows screen.

cynthiaarce1028

If you do this in the BIOS, make sure under the BOOT tab, the drive you wish to have the computer boot up is first in the list. Simply picking it and exiting the BIOS will not make it your favored boot device and that's why you constantly have to change it every time you turn on the PC.

After you have moved the correct boot drive to first place, you save the changes and exit the BIOS.

If the changes are not saved, you might need a new CMOS battery.
But once I save this change, will I still be required to see the Bios Splash screen every time on my PC when starting up ?

plodr

Liz
But once I save this change, will I still be required to see the Bios Splash screen every time on my PC when starting up ?
No, unless you need a new CMOS battery.
If you save the change and exit and the next time the BIOS appears, that means you need to replace the internal battery too. After that is done, you won't see the BIOS again.

cynthiaarce1028

No, unless you need a new CMOS battery.
If you save the change and exit and the next time the BIOS appears, that means you need to replace the internal battery too. After that is done, you won't see the BIOS again.
It never happened before I installed a new SSD, could this have had anything to do with it? bc I see no "save option"

plodr

Liz
I have no idea because I've never replace a spinning hard drive with an ssd.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In the Bios after setting the correct drive as first boot device use the left/right arrow keys to go to the Exit tab and you will see the Save & Exit option.

crjdriver

You need to be a lot more specific when listing parts. X99 is the chipset the motherboard uses and asus made a LOT of boards with that chipset.
I recently put in a new SSD in my PC
Does the new drive contain the operating system ie did you clone an existing drive to the new one OR is this drive just used for storage? If it is the former, how exactly did you move the operating system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online