1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS not ACPI compliant

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by taznsam, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. taznsam

taznsam Thread Starter

I have been trying to install Vist Premuim on a Gateway MX3560, with Phoenix W320.F09B bios, cant get any help from Gateway, they sent me to Intel which their site is no hope either. Any body else heving this problem:confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I really think its Gateway's problem not Intel's as Vista does work on that chipset, however its not capable of running Aero.

Are there any settings in the BIOS in regards to ACPI or APM or Plug'n'Play?

If you contact Gateway, do they have any BIOS updates that aren't posted on their website?

3. taznsam

taznsam Thread Starter

No, are no Bios regarding ACPI or APM or Plug'n'Play

4. taznsam

taznsam Thread Starter

just got of the phone with Gateway again, and they were no hope, said it's a Intel problem, Microsoft saying a Gateway problem

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It is a Gateway problem, they built the laptop, they coded the BIOS - not Microsoft not Intel. I'm not sure what you can do if Vista refuses to install.

6. dosycar

dosycar

I also had the same experience with Gateway with the same problem they said contact microsoft. and still I got nowhere. I think we need to push Gateway forward in the right path cause im sure that they have sold millions of PC's and at least half of the user's wil be upgrading to Vista. :)

7. Tstyln

Tstyln

Gateway still doesn't have anything for us...ubelievable!!

but a ran across this:

"To resolve this behavior, contact the manufacturer of your computer to obtain a BIOS that is fully ACPI compliant .

To work around this behavior, manually install the Standard PC hardware abstraction layer (HAL): 1.Restart the computer to restart Setup.2.When Setup starts again, press F7 ( not F6) when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen. Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL."

Not to sure but maybe this will resolve.

Peace :cool:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/546061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice