1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved bios not letting me choose boot drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bumbledor, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

Ok, got win 7 here, and a new 1tb HD. Win 7 is on a WD 500g drive, and the 1T is also a WD.
    When I connect both to computer, they show up in the bios, but the bios will not let me choose the 500G as a boot drive.

I am guessing the 1T is not formatted, and needs to be formatted before it can be used..
    Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

Oh this is the replacement 1T drive for the one I broke the sata connection on.

Thanks.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Post a picture of each of your BIOS boot order and boot menu windows. Sometimes it's arbitrarily placed like in my BIOS for my Asus M4N78 Pro mobo.

3. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

And its solved.. Another reason I need to upgrade my MB.. the Bios is not reading SATA 3 and 6.
    Once I put the boot drive on 1, the CD drive on 2 and the new drive on 4, it saw all 3.

This Asus MB is half dead. The Video doesn't work on it, ( I am using a G-Force card now), and the network adapter is dead. Now 2 of 6 SATA connectors are dead too.. No idea why, but it is nearly 15 years old. And in just a few weeks it won't matter.

Got the new drive in, the data copied over, the old one removed, the computer back to running at 99 percent normal.. Its just gotta last another 3 weeks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice