1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS password

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dharris, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dharris

dharris Thread Starter

I made my bios access password protected to keep my children from making any changes. I did this a few months ago. Now I can't remember what I changed it to. Is there anything I can do to find what I changed it to or erase it all together?? Thank you for any suggestions.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Most systems have a CMOS reset jumper on the MB, check the documentation for your system.

3. rmay635703

rmay635703

4. Krall

Krall

Take the cover off the pc and there is a bank of jumpers on the motherboard and one section of that area has 3 pins sticking up, 2 are covered by a jumper. in this area it should have written on the board "CMOS" and "CLEAR CMOS" move the jumper to the 2 pins to clear the cmos and power on pc. Then turn pc off after 5 sec and put the jumper back to it's original position and see it that works.

Here is a link to a web page that will show you what a jumper looks like and some tips on clearing the CMOS.
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...DUTF-8&sa=G

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Or you can always pull the battery out for a couple of days.

6. Whitestar

Whitestar

Kralls sugestion is probably the best, but not all mobos have three pins to do with the bios. Some have two. Usually its the set that is the closest to the bios chip, but not always.

What is ur mobo?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice