bios problem.. AGAIN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j_man24

hi there.. can someone help me!!!
what happen is i try to update my bios without having a full knowledge about bios (i know im stupid and wrong, PLS forgive me :eek:).. I flash a .bin file, even if a warning tell me it somewhat not compatible.. while flashing is in progress i see a red mark, indicating that some portion fail. then it restart.. the problem is i dont get a display or anything..

then i hot flash the said bios chip. after that i get i display but something wrong with the start up.. as long as i can remeber someting like "bios cheksum fail" correct me if i'm wrong,

then i try to hot flash it again, (the backup BIOS file) so im sure its for that chip and board.

it wont allow me to flash the .bin file a messege like this appear

"updata the ROM bios first" im not sure if its the correct messege but im sure of the word "updata" and "rom"

forgive me if my story was very confusing, it is all i can remeber because im so frustrated that time..

pls help me... promise I WONT DO IT AGAIN

First you should know:
Do not update the BIOS if your system is running fine.
Do not update the BIOS if the BIOS patch doesn't pertain to your current problem.
# Unsuccessful BIOS flash may cause the system fails to boot up.
That said you might try the following steps at Failed Bios Update.

j_man24

i know that was stupid.. blame all on me.. but i promise i wont do it again :D

ok man,you still have the web so go to "how stuff works" /( BIOS tutorial/subject)
last page of tutorial there's a BIOS wizard;download file or follow directions;the
wizard will scan;,id your BIOS & direct your browser to the manufactures upgrade.
thats no sweat & its the best upgrade available.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online