1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios Problem, Nothing Works! Help!!! Please!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by A2006, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. A2006

A2006 Thread Starter

Hello, PLEASE HELP ME AND MY SYSTEM! I have never had sooo many problems at once. I am going through a hard time and TODAY...I was fired and a computer problem is the LAST thing I need. Anyways so the problem is...
    I recently bought a 1GB DDR 400Mhz PC 3200 RAM (1 stick and NOT 2 512s)
    I currently have 768MB ram (one 256 and one 512 DDR 400Mhz PC3200)
    My motherboard is Seanix GA-8S650GXM (or just GA-8S650GXM).
    I know that it can support up to 2GB of RAM and I have 2 slots so I thought I would take out the 256 and put a 1gb so I can have 1.5GB.
    I install the ram today and when computer starts up I get a blue screen of death saying Bios problem and I need to update BIOS because some hardware cant run blah blah. So I figure I gotta update bios. So I search around and find here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...rboard&ProductID=1658&ProductName=GA-8S650GXM
    It gives the BIOS UPDATES for my motherboard so I follow instructions and suff and using Q-Flash I save the F7 bios update in a floppy drive and hit DElete and bios shows up and choose Q-flash and backup and update bios from floppy....so all happy and jumping in the air I restart compuiter AND BOOM... :mad: BSOD and BOOM more BSOD and BOOM more and more more more and basically whenvver windows loads up and I see my desktop BOOM I get a blue screen. So it was a loop and I didnt even try the ram and just installed the backed up bios and now things are normal but ram still doesnt work...
    NY HELP GREATLY APPRITIATED IN ADVANCE IN GETING THE RAM WORKIN...
    Running Windows XP home sp2.
    Thanks

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

So Sorry for your Probs and I hate to add another one.

But that MB does not support DDR 400Mhz

U need PC 2100 for that board

Even if U have GA-8S650GXM-P-C which is Rev. 2 It will only support PC 2700 (333Mhz)
    So I would say that your 1 Gig Stick is too fast .

Cheers...Sherry

3. A2006

A2006 Thread Starter

Actually...my current Rams are 400Mhz DDR and PC 3200. So the board does support it but I dont know why its not working with the 1gb...maybe because it is duel sided ram?

4. qldit

qldit

Good Evening A2006, can you show anywhere that PC3200 RAM is suitable for that board?
    Maybe it was sheer luck that your previous RAM worked.

You really are having a bad day, I strongly suggest shelving everything for a day or so, until you return to a more placid state, all you need to do now is introduce some static charge into your system and it will really make a day of it otherwise.
    Be very careful handling that stuff!

Cheers qldit.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Crucial shows it will take 3200, and while I have seen them be wrong Kingston shows there are 4 revisions of that mobo and if you look on the board near the cpu or chipset, they usually print the revision number as well or on the box lable if you still have it, and 2700 and 2100 seem to be for most. However 3200 would run as 2700 if the ram was compatible which you have proven it is not.
    That said, those slots on your board are not like holders for anything that is 184 pin and my guess is you have been lucky mismatching a whole pile of unrelated ram sticks in the past, and this one put you over the top.
    You need to go to www.crucial.com www.kingston.com or www.corsair.com and match your board in their configurators and buy those models only they suggest. Density, ecc factor and cas latency are what matches ram, not speed.

6. A2006

A2006 Thread Starter

That crucial scan says that I can use this: * Crucial Part Number: CT12864Z40B
    * Module Size: 1GB
    * Package: 184-pin DIMM
    * Feature: DDR PC3200
    * Specs: DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR400 • 2.6V • 128Meg x 64

Its PC3200 and 400Mhz...just like the ram that I have.
    I think I just need to successfully upgrade my BIOS.:confused:

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

No it isn't just like the ram you have at all unless it is CT12864Z40B and you need to get that message. Check your model # to see if it approved for that board, then and only then will it work right.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice