Solved Bios problem

Charlx

Hello, lately i have cleared my Bios and now when i start my computer it shows "162 system options not set" and to click F1, but i cant use my keyboard, please help!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Without having a description of your computer, and without knowing why you cleared the BIOS, it's going to be difficult for anyone to help you.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
There was no need to clear the BIOS to add/remove RAM modules.
What is the description and capacity of the new RAM modules?

You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand computer.
What is the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on it?

------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
serial no. CZC103DLVP
Product no. VQ223EP#ABD
You have THIS HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC.

Its motherboard has 4 DIMM slots and supports a maximum of 16 GB (4 GB x 4) of RAM.
It uses 240-pin, 1.5 volt, Unbuffered, Non-ECC, DDR3-1333 MHz modules.

You should read THIS self-help article.

-------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

How exactly did you install the ram? Those old HPs would throw that error when ram was in the wrong slot or slots. Ram needs to be in dimm 1 and dimm3 [if using two ram chips]

crjdriver

BTW here is how to properly install ram;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed
2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This will remove any residual charge from the pw supply
3 Open the case and pull out your old ram. Install the new ram in whatever slots your motherboard manual says to use. Be sure the ram is fully seated
4 Replace the side cover and the pw cord
5 Pw ON and make sure all is well

Charlx

So i have tried the crucial.com scan for the new RAM, it showed me this one
Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM
But in my country i can only get this one, could it work ?

Crucial 4 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz CL11 Dual Voltage Single ranked

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Charlx:

Your webpage link in post #11 shows that 4 GB module as being 1.35 volt and DDR3-1600 MHz.
The module specs that I submitted in post #7 are 1.5 volt and DDR3-1333 MHz.
The faster speed will probably be accepted, but you may have a problem with the lower voltage.

I personally had that problem last year when buying more DDR3 RAM for an older Dell minitower.
1.35 volt modules were accidentally shipped to me instead of 1.5 volt modules, and that Dell refused to boot.
After I returned them and the company shipped DDR3 modules with the correct voltage, that Dell booted and worked fine.

crjdriver is monitoring this thread and is one of our hardware experts, so let's see if he has anything more to add.

----------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

You will never be able to set voltage on a dell so you need to get the correct ie 1.5V ram.

Charlx

I already have this RAM HyperX 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Fury Black Series, which was given to me as a gift, but the PC just wont boot, and somebody told me that it cant use that or something like that.

crjdriver

You have not answered the question in post #8
How exactly did you install this ram and what slots are you using?

Do understand that performance ram often does not work or does not work well in big box systems ie dell, hp, etc. That is why it is best to go with ram on an approved or qvl list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online