BIOS question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gkimble

Account Disabled
When I make the A: drive the 1st boot device and the C: Hard Drive the second, DOS can't see my hard drive ! It says drive not specified, it's there, why can't it see it ?

crjdriver

Are you booting from a dos boot disk? If your hd is ntfs, dos will not see it. You will need to boot with the win2k / xp cd in order to see ntfs volumes.

gkimble

Account Disabled
Wow, never knew that. Thanks ! Why is that ? What if I put system files like command.com, io.sys and such on the floppy ?

crjdriver

Dos cannot read ntfs. There are some utilities that will allow reading ntfs from dos, however I do not think you can write to ntfs from dos with them. Go to bootdisk.com and you can download one of the utilities that can read ntfs if you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online