BIOS reset not working. HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rez1

Asus K40IE (Notebook) (AMI BIOS)

After I set a password for BIOS setup and regular startup, I get a loud beep from my laptop every time I boot up with a CMOS Date & Time error. F2 to enter setup or F1 to load with default settings. Selecting either one asks for password I set earlier for 3 times, but does not work anymore. Then it tells me to press F2 to load default settings and startup the boot process, after which I can use my Notebook like usual.

I tried resetting the BIOS using KillCMOS from a FreeDOS startup disk. But It did not not. I tried removing power cable, the 6 cell battery and the CMOS battery for around 30 min, still did not work.

What can I do to fix this issue and return my BIOS to its previous state? Thank You :)

Oddba11

Jim
We cannot assist with password/security issues per the forum rules.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts