1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS reset

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Razorcane, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Or something along those lines. I was having RAM/CPU issues with my computer and everyone kept asking me "did you install all the drivers?"...of course I did! I'm not retarded! So the next thing they suggested is updating my BIOS. Alas, I did that, and now my BIOS won't even start up. If anyone can help me reset the BIOS or install new BIOS it would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I've tried putting the BIOS files on a CD/Flash Drive and it doesn't work. The manufacturer won't replace it because they say it's 'not their problem'. This is my last hope.

2. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Oh and if this is in the wrong forum, I'm terribly sorry.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

What do you mean it won't "start up"? The BIOS doesn't "start up" at all, so I'm not sure what you mean. Can you get into BIOS setup when your machine starts up? How far do you get and what is on the screen?

What exactly did you do prior to the problem showing up and how??

4. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Posted via Mobile Device

Umm yes the BIOS does start up. Unless I'm mistaken, the BIOS is the first thing that initializes when you turn on the computer. So, since the BIOS is the first thing that starts, and it wouldn't show that, then it should be clear as to how far I can get.

And clearly if I said the BIOS won't start up then it should be clear that I cannot access the BIOS screen.

If you have to ask what I was doing prior to this issue then you clearly didn't read the post. I was updating my BIOS at the suggestion of users here and then this happened.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Since the BIOS does not "start up" in any sense, being, as it is, a passive database with some sensing capabilities, but loads when the machine starts up, it appears that behind your needless sarcasm, you are trying to say that the BIOS does not load and that you see nothing on the screen.

Some machines allow loading BIOS from floppy on boot, but since absolutely no information was provided about the machine, details are difficult to supply.

6. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Ahhh Well I consider that to be considered as "starting up". :p

I'm sorry for being rude, it just seems to be a common mistake here that people ask questions that were already answered in the first post. Sometimes it gets on my nerves. And it didn't help that I was already in a bad mood to begin with. I apologize.

My computer is a laptop and therefore does not have a floppy drive. I've been trying to get a recovery disk from my manufacturer but have been unsuccessful. I have an Acer Aspire 5920...it's odd, because I thought my signature contained details of my computer...perhaps that was on another website. Again, I apologize.

7. joeten

joeten

hi you may have made a error when flashing the bios if so there may be little to be done.as you have no way to fix a update error

8. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

I'm going to attempt to get a recovery disk from the manufacturer. If not, they will fix it for free.

I am sure I made no error when flashing the BIOS because it appeared that it had updated successfully. As in, there were no visible errors.

9. joeten

joeten

always worth a try

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!