Solved BIOS set up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

campana

Computer is not accessible as password is not accepted.
When I try to reinstall the same version of windows 7 using a device as start up in BIOS the keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working. They are in the right ports USB 2. So I think it is a BIOS set up problem as the new device are selected as start up devices and I see the first installation page of W7 but what it can be ?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is it please a genuine licensed Windows 7 installation or some copy of such or indeed some supposedly free online version

campana

Of course it is. I had to insert the same key number to make a bootable UBS , to install the same version and even used the original disk. It is a specific PC problem, hardware or most probably BIOS set up

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Which password is it that is being requested
You say
There are BIOS - UEFI passwords that will not allow the computer to get past the password screen

Then there are Windows passwords where the computer boots - posts and proceeds to the Windows - in your case 7 - log on screen

campana

No I know the password.
In BIOS the password is not requested neither necessary.
The computer boots well in the windows installation and no password is necessary to install windows.
It is a specific PC problem because it does not happen with other PC.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am well aware that a password is not required at the commencement of the install of windows

I now understand that it is not the BIOS password that is required
Even although you say
so to ask again - I presume you mean the Windows password is not accepted on your existing installation
If that is the case - rather than attempting to make a fresh install the problem is I suspect the keyboard
Connect another keyboard

Also re this
So I think it is a BIOS set up problem as the new device are selected as start up devices
I presume you mean the windows installation is set as the boot device
Please confirm

Re the USB keyboard not working in BIOS see here please
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...y-not-work-after-you-restart-your-computer-in

campana

Thank you.
Your last reply was useful because there are listed many possibilitis. Yes Windows password is not accepted by my existing installation.
I tried to connect another keyboard but it did not work with the existing installation.
So I used another way, the on-screen keyboard , to insert the windows password on existing installation and. surprisingly.
IT WORKED!
Now I am in the existing installation and can do everything.
Would like to understand what happened to avoid the problem happening again. Why my password was not accepted if is still valid (I used it now through on-screen keyboard)
Would try to remove the password as first thing.

campana

I removed the password in the user account using the old keyboard, now working. Do not understand what happened

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
One would suspect the keyboard at first
However if the other keyboard was also USB, unless by coincidence that keyboard is also faulty - you then start to think of the usb port
When you say you removed the password in the user account settings, do you mean
You checked - do not require password at log on
If so try another password on the account, that uses different keys to what was the password
That will eliminate a key fault

campana

When I opened the user account there were different choice like "change password" or "removepassword", I chose remove password and now I am not going to use any password, it is not necessary. I could create a new password, but do not want this problem again before understanding what happened. I could restart the PC and get confirmation that the system is not going to ask any password.

campana

I am the only user, no need other users, do not understand why there is a guest account. Cannot change to standard account so the account
type is administrator with a name different from the name under "user profiles". Is it possible to change the name under user profiles ?

campana

I hate when PC asks me a password as I do not need this is why I used administrator account, but it is not recommended. If I turn on a guest acount and use it I am not allowed to make some changes. I want to do everything without password, do not care privacy.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As you wish
Mark it solved please
Click mark solved - above your opening post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online