1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios Setting back to default when laptop battery unplugged

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ronniearc, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronniearc

ronniearc Thread Starter

when I turn on the laptop there is a warning that I should push for resum F1 or F2 to enter the bios, as I entered the bios, I set it on then I save and exit the bios, the computer is running normally, I try to turn off my laptop and I try to power up My laptop is still normal, I try to turn off again and then I unplugged my battery and plug the battery again and then I turn on and warning show again, I change cmos with a new one, but the result remains the same.
    What should I do to solve this problem? please help me!!!!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Typically a sign of a faulty CMOS battery. Ensure the "new one" is actually good.

3. ronniearc

ronniearc Thread Starter

I will buy a new CMOS battery again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice