Bios setting not applying

Handsanditizer

So i realized that the changes i made to cpu and ram settings in bios didnt do anything and i could only change the clock in ryzen master. i tried restaring bios with cmos and uninstaling ryzen master. i also than realized that i never instaled chipset drivers, but for some reson i cant and when instal finish and i restart pc it just goes to the before instal thing.

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

crjdriver

I am assuming you have this motherboard however you did not post the exact board you are using;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450I-GAMING-PLUS-AC/Overview
You really need to post exactly what hardware you are using since people do research based on your parts list.

If that is your board, there are a LOT of bios updates that address ram issues. Are you running the latest bios?

Next what exact settings are you attempting to change? Again post ALL of your exact system specs.

Handsanditizer

i have the latest bios and i only tried to change cpu clock and voltage and ram speed after the reset. i uninstalled ryzen master after seeing that cmos reset didnt work.
the gpu is the thicc II model
silver stone 512 m.2 nvme
650w psu
i got the pc a month ago and im not sure when the bios stopped working but think it worked at some point

crjdriver

OK, much better parts list. You said the bios "Stopped" working. Was this system overclocked previously? If so, many boards will load defaults if an overclock fails.
I am not very familiar with msi bios since I never use msi boards. Leaving for a while and I will check this later after looking through your manual.

Just my opinion however ryzen master is fine for checking temps, clockspeed, etc however all overclocking should be done manually in the bios then checked for stability using something like prime95, OCCT, or realbench.

Handsanditizer

i was trying to find the best settings because cpu was having bad temps. i entered the cpu setting into the bios which are the setting that it is stuck on. i recently noticed the ram is at 2400mhz and that i couldnt change it even though i set to 3200 in bios when got the pc although it might have been reset when i updated bios.
is it possible that ryzen master caused it and doing another bios reset will work or changing to a different version of bios?

crjdriver

Yes, it is possible when attempting to overclock that defaults were restored. I took a quick look at your manual. You have two ways of setting ram speed; XMP or setting it manually. I would do this first then test for stability. If it is stable and no problems after a day or two, then attempt to OC the processor.
FWIW and this is just my opinion, xmp does not work that well on the amd side of things. For intels, it works fine. XMP is better now than when ryzen boards first were released three years ago however still not up to xmp on intels. Again my opinion; I make ALL overclocking settings manually in the bios [advanced mode] then test for stability.

As with just about all motherboards today, you have two modes in the bios; easy and advanced mode. Advanced gives you more control over settings however if you are not comfortable, in the easy mode there is a game boost option will apply overclocking settings for you.

Handsanditizer

i downclocked everything and it now works somehow(i can change the setting to anything and it applies)

probably spent about 9 hours trying to figure this out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online