Bios Setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

froman

I have a HP BRIO that while booting stops and reads. Press any ket to continue. I have checked the Bios and must be over looking something as to where this feature can be turned on or off. I have even tries replacing the Batter. has anyone ever seen this?

Generally the BIOS will never pause unless there is an error somewhere. Perhaps there is a stuck key on the keyboard

froman

Tried that i still get the Pheonix Bios screen where it tells me all the settings and then say Press any Key to continue. Like there is a puase in some batch file or config file that is running. I have no idea where though. Can't find it.
Thanks for the help

froman,

if you get the pause after it says 'starting windows 9x', the problem could be in a startup file. could you copy and then post the contents of your config.sys and autoexec.bat files?

otherwise.... let us know exactly where it pauses - after the box with all the system information in it, or on the screen where it does the memory count?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online