1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Bios Settings Changed. boot issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ghost-Distruc, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost-Distruc

Ghost-Distruc Thread Starter

I just finished building a PC and I Messed up the boot sequence. I do not yet have windows loaded onto this machine. When the machine starts my monitor is saying "no signal". not sure if BIOS is load and i cant see it or its just not loading anything. Have tried using onboard Graphics as well as GPU. Tested line using xbox and cable works.

Changed from;
    1: Hard Disk
    2: CD/DVD
    3: Samsung 850 Evo

to;
    1: Samsung 850 Evo
    2: CD/DVD
    3: Hard Disk

I have tried several different ways try reset the CMOS from just general unhook power, remove battery, and drain power using power button to Unhooking power, remove battery, Disconnect power supply, drain power, wait an hour before hookng back up. I do not see a CMOS jumper or reset switch.

Config;
    Gigabyte Micro ATX DDR3 LGA 1150 SATA 6Gb/s Motherboard (GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5)
    Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    Intel Core i7-4790 Devil's Canyon Quad Core 4.0 GHz
    PNY Quadro M4000

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The exact process for clearing the CMOS should be covered in the User Manual for the motherboard.

I suspect you have more wrong that the boot order, otherwise you would simply be getting a boot drive not found or other boot issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice