Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bios Settings messed up?

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
alright so i suppose i messed something up, i went to install windows 7 i re formated my hard drive, it didn't work then i read that i needed to change the boot order i changed the boot order that did not work so i hit restore defaults on my motherboard and that messed everything up, i can not figure out what is wrong if you could help me fix my computer that would be nice.

below are pictures of what happens when i start my computer up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Were you running RAID before by chance, more then one hard drive?

If you intend to reformat the computer then place the Windows CD or DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, it should boot off it as long as the boot order in the BIOS has the CD\DVD drive in before the other devices. If the Windows 7 DVD doesn't work then try your Windows XP or Vista discs.

#3 ·
Were you running RAID before by chance, more then one hard drive?

If you intend to reformat the computer then place the Windows CD or DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, it should boot off it as long as the boot order in the BIOS has the CD\DVD drive in before the other devices. If the Windows 7 DVD doesn't work then try your Windows XP or Vista discs.
I was not running two hard disks, i tried multiple disks one i know works for a fact because i used in yesterday to reformat my mothers computer, and i just put my hard drive in my spare computer and then put windows 7 disk in and its installing windows 7 on that hard drive as we speak, so i am going to try just installing it with the other computer then putting my hard drive back.

#5 ·
What does it say is wrong?

Your second screenshot is simply showing that you have no drives setup for RAID. If you want to get rid of that you can enter the BIOS setup and disable the VIA RAID controller.

Have you installed the drivers for your motherboard?

#6 ·
FYI, since the board is pretty old Asus does not post any Vista or 7 drivers for it on their website.

You need the 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940) driver for the network card to get online. Edit, looks like its supported by a Marvell driver which you can try from here: http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?driverId=175

You can visit Windows Update once online and see if any of the optional updates are a sound driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.