BIOS settings parole

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nick Karas

:confused: I forgot my password to BIOS (Award) settings
I tried different programs that told me what I have to put in,
but no sucsess.Who knows how to deal it with?

Hi Nick,
Welcome to TSG!
As far as the password on the BIOS is concerned, it's going to be a "Crap-Shoot". There isn't anything you can do except try different combination of numbers and letters. But, the wright way to do this is to - remove the BIOS battery for about 5-10 seconds - and then replace it back into it's socket. By doing this, the password protection will be remove on your CMOS settings. The drawback to this is the settings to everything else will have been wiped clean. Therefore, you will need to "Load Defaults" and then tweak the BIOS for your motherboard and the other goodies that are attached to your motherboard.
If this is NEW to you, rest assured it's NOT all that BAD.
Break out your note and pens, and try different settings as you work with your motherboard. Check to see how the computer behaves after the OS takes over. If you need to change anything, then re-enter the BIOS and change the neccessary commands.
Good Luck to you. *Al*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online