1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS Settings Re: clock

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Paul K., Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul K.

Paul K. Thread Starter

If BIOS is not letting my clock work (so far no Windows program seems affecting it), what settings in the BIOS, or anywhere for that matter, would be interupting my clock from working?
    I have a pamphlet on the motherboard but several settings are not indicated in book. What is RTC Controller? I have upgraded form Win95-98-ME. No, its not the battery. A new battery will work for 3-4 weeks, then stop working. See other thread here - thought was fixed but, nada. Thanks.

Paul K.

2. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Hi paul

I would see if the hard drive is always spinning down, you can find this out by going to the control panel/power option icon and change everything to say never, try this and set your clock again to see if it does it again.

My second quess would be the C-MOS Battery, RTC Controller no sure Paul. So many mother boards out there, I don't know everyting :(

Other then trying the first option and double clicking the time in the Tray I would also check the Regional settings.

Hey I know Y2K problem :D Joking ;)

J

3. Paul K.

Paul K. Thread Starter

Thanks, but tried all you suggested and it did not work.

The reason I revisited this problem is that I removed an ACT program I had, leaving the files suggested at uinstall. The next day, the time was perfect - I use Atomic clock to set time now when loged on Internet, and it was to the second! But, next time I booted up, clock was wrong - same time that I logged off by.
    I read a few more threads here, and noted that Windows controls the clock after booting.
    One more thing, when I shut down the computer by using the powers strip to shut off everything (all Peripherals, monitor, speakers, printer), and reboot, the clock is correct. Why does this happen? It's as if the clock battery works when the power is disconnected. Does this make any sense?!

Thanks, agian.

Paul

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice