1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS SETUP not loading

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by myselfya, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myselfya

myselfya Thread Starter

HI...
    i have installed windows 7 ultimate ..some time later when i started laptop it is showing message "BOOT MANAGER MISSING PRESS control+alt+dlete to restart"
    Moreover i can't access bios section also as pressing F2 and F12 doesn't work

please help
    i am using Lenovo G570...
    i tried loading my windows 7/windows xp bootable cd also but it is not working

2. myselfya

myselfya Thread Starter

is there anybody in this world who knows solution to this problem...???

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

There is no reason for you to access BIOS. If you installed 7, then the BIOS settings are fine and you can only complicate matters by messing around in BIOS.

Were there any errors during the installation? Did you upgrade or reinstall? If a reinstall, why?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All i can add to this is i also have a lenovo g570. Mine came with windows 7 home premium.Since they dont come with restore disks anymore i hope you made one before installing windows 7 ultimate.If you want to go back to what came with the computer preinstalled i have a feeling the restore partition on the C drive is now gone for good.

5. myselfya

myselfya Thread Starter

@Elvandil and SUEOHIO
    thanks guys for responding

actually what really happened is
    first i installed windows 7 ultimate but it became corrupted after few days i reinstalled again
    MY MISTAKE WHICH I THINK IS THAT I FORMATTED C DRIVE BEFORE REINSTALLING...MAYBE DUE TO THAT ALL MY BOOT FILES WERE ALSO DELETED.
    Now my laptop is not detecting any bottable windows cd..:(:confused:
    PLEASE HELP AND SUGGEST SOMETHING..>!!

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are welcome.Windows 7 only comes on a dvd but im sure you already know that.All i can suggest to you is that you put in the dvd and reboot and hit F12 which is the boot order and then hit the cd drive and then it should say hit any key to boot from the dvd and go from there and do a fresh new install.Im sure someone else will be by to offer more suggestions that you can try if that doesnt work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice