BIOS sticker with product key but no way to enter it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uzzet

Hello all,

I recently purchased a computer from CowBoom and it states that it comes with a BIOS sticker located near the battery. When I boot up the computer, I get the following message "press any key to boot from floppy mbr error". I have the product key from underneath but anything I try to press doesn't seem to work.

I tried pressing F2 as soon as the Toshiba symbol pops up but this gives me a blue screen with a large gray box that just gives me info about the computer's SSD, date, time, etc. F12 brought up a small gray box that gave some information about the hard drive and somewhere it states "enter setup" but when I press enter nothing happens. I am in desperate need of some help as this is a birthday gift to give someone in the next few days. Thanks.

dai

to enter setup it will say which key to press

del.or f1 or f2 usually

in the bios set first boot to

cd/dvd

2nd

h/drive

uzzet

to enter setup it will say which key to press

del.or f1 or f2 usually

in the bios set first boot to

cd/dvd

2nd

h/drive
Before I saw these responses I went to BestBuy GeekSquad and they told me there is no Operating System installed on this computer that I got from Cowboom. Since there is no optical drive, should I just put a copy of Windows 7 on a USB stick and use that? Will that work when it gives me the "load from floppy" message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online