1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bios update froze-turned off computer-black screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bren48, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bren48

bren48 Thread Starter

Laptop froze during bios update-turned off-now black screen no beeps only sound is something running steadily all lights are on tried removing battery and power cord and holding down power button for 1 min no change any suggestions??

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I believe some lenovo laptops have a bios recovery procedure and some do not. Either search the lenovo site or post your exact model and I can search for you.

What was the reason for updating the bios? Was there some fix you needed?

3. bren48

bren48 Thread Starter

I did some research on my model but can't seem to find the exact answer regarding a bios reset procedure. The reason for bios update was because during routine updates from lenovo it was included with no way to back out of it. The exact computer is a thinkpad edge 14" 64 bit model no. 19923us. Thank you so much and i really appreciate anything you can tell me!

4. managed

managed Allan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052437