1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS update. how?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by computerdoof, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computerdoof

computerdoof Thread Starter

i just purchased an amd athlon xp 2400+ processor for my a7a266 motherboard.
    i need to update my bios to version 1012 to be able to use it.
    i got the bios update folder but im confused on how to apply the update. can someone help me please.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

You need to download and unzip two files from the Asus website. One is the BIOS file, the other is the Award BIOS flash utility.

Within the flash utility zip folder is a readme.txt with step by step instructions. You can make the required boot floppy on another computer. If the PC with the a7a266 motherboard doesn't have a floppy drive you will need to make a bootable CD/DVD instead.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice