1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios Update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LMJ1130, Nov 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LMJ1130

LMJ1130 Thread Starter

I have Asus Update V3.28 06E software, when I try to update my Bios it says Sorry there is no Proper BIOs image file on this server. There only 3 Sites and I tried them all, the one works but it is in German. the one that it suggest is ftp.asus.com.tw, ftp.asus.com and the german one is ftp.asus.com.de are the site for download

Thank you
    Lorraine

2. Rockn

Rockn

Look in their BIOS updates section on the web site and READ IT CAREFULLY. There are certain versions that can ONLY be updated with the DOS base AWFLASH utility and using the GUI based one will hose your BIOS entirely. I would use the DOS one regardless there is less of a chance of screwing it up and renering your PC useless. Go in and dl it manually and you should have no problems.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

May I ask why you are wanting to flash your bios to begin with?

4. LMJ1130

LMJ1130 Thread Starter

I had a problem and the Asus Motherboard site wrote me and told me to update the Bios useing the live update.

Thank you
    Lorraine

5. LMJ1130

LMJ1130 Thread Starter

Rockn

If I flash the bios wrong and it renders my computer useless would reformating bring it back the way it was?

Thank you
    Lorraine

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

No (sorry, I'm not Rockn) but if you get a bad flash, your hard drive has nothing to do with the problem.....that is why I asked.....

7. Rockn

Rockn

If the BIOS flash goes wrong you cannot do anything. The PC will not even boot and the only way to fix it is to send the motherboard back to ASUS for repair.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/106168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice