Bios Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

droogygirl

Hi,

I have been told it is a good idea to update my bios as it is dated 2000, I have all the information I will paste below, but I can't get my head around a)how I do this and b) what is the correct file to download. Any help would be great!

Your BIOS Report Results
BIOS ID: 04/26/2000-694X-596B-977-6A6LJH2AC
OEM Sign-On: (AV14S831) VIA Apollo Pro133A PCIsets
BIOS Date: 04/26/00
BIOS Type: Award
Chipset: VIA 82C691 rev 196
Super I/O: Unknown
BIOS ROM Socket: Unknown
BIOS ROM Size: Unknown
Memory Installed: 255 MB
Memory Max: Unknown
CPU: Pentium® III (0.18 µm) With 256 KB On-Die L2 Cache 768 MHz

thxs in advance for any help! :)

No reason to do a bios upgrade unless you are experiencing trouble that would lead to upgrading the bios, my opinion

droogygirl

hi,

really? I think I will stay away from messing with it, I had a friend who said it made their computer run better. So I thought why not,
thxs for your help..

Unless you truly know what you're doing, DON'T DO IT. Screwing up a BIOS update can render the bios as useful as a shelf ornament. Mistakes here are usually irreversable and should really only be done by a support technician or a geek :p . I've been working with computer hardware for almost 5 years and I don't even have the guts to do a BIOS update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online