1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios upgrade.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cyberianhusky, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyberianhusky

Cyberianhusky Thread Starter

I need help on how to upgrade my bios. I am running win xp and have award bios not sure of version.

Please help:confused:

2. Jest8

Jest8

What brand of P.C do you have? A lot of the big ones (Dell, Gateway, Compaq etc) configure their own system specific Bios files...

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, why are you upgrading the BIOS? Unless there's a damned good reason, you're foolish to tinker around with the BIOS. I've seen more than once a BIOS upgrade render W2K/XP unbootable, which would spoil your whole day! :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice