1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Redlfc, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Redlfc

Redlfc Thread Starter

my computer keeps crashing when ipods or pen drives are inserted windows says i need a Bios upgrade but i dont know what this is could someone please help

2. reddwarf1387

reddwarf1387

we'll need to find out what kind of comp you have first. is it a dell, hp, ect. if it's not a manufactured pc then you'll need to find out what kind of mother board you have

if it's a manufactured pc, what make and model IE ( dell dimension 4400, compaq persario 1100,)

thanks

3. Redlfc

Redlfc Thread Starter

My computer is a QTech and the motherboard is an ECS 915-M5 Intel Pentium 4 Processor.Hope this helps
    Thank you very much for trying to help me

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I am not familiar with qtech. Is this a pre-built system or did you have someone do a custom build for you? If it is a pre-built system, you need to get the bios update from the builder. If it is a custom build that you had done, then you download the update from ecs.

The reason is that big box systems like dell, etc often use an intel or asus board however the boards use a custom bios and cannot be flashed with a standard intel or asus bios.

Next before you flash the bios, make sure you fully understand the procedure. An incorrect bios flash can render the system unbootable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice