BIOS Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Redlfc

my computer keeps crashing when ipods or pen drives are inserted windows says i need a Bios upgrade but i dont know what this is could someone please help

we'll need to find out what kind of comp you have first. is it a dell, hp, ect. if it's not a manufactured pc then you'll need to find out what kind of mother board you have

if it's a manufactured pc, what make and model IE ( dell dimension 4400, compaq persario 1100,)

thanks

Redlfc

My computer is a QTech and the motherboard is an ECS 915-M5 Intel Pentium 4 Processor.Hope this helps
Thank you very much for trying to help me

crjdriver

I am not familiar with qtech. Is this a pre-built system or did you have someone do a custom build for you? If it is a pre-built system, you need to get the bios update from the builder. If it is a custom build that you had done, then you download the update from ecs.

The reason is that big box systems like dell, etc often use an intel or asus board however the boards use a custom bios and cannot be flashed with a standard intel or asus bios.

Next before you flash the bios, make sure you fully understand the procedure. An incorrect bios flash can render the system unbootable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online