1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS virus?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by TRS-80 vet, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed Thread Starter

How do I tell?

If I have a simple BIOS virus, could it manifest itself in Windows AND Linux? I've seen this behavior:

1) XP Pro with a Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service..., when copying 10's and 100's of gigs of files to backup. Thought it was a memory leak. RAM usage in TasMan showed nothing scary. Happens after 50 - 70G data transfer. Every time.

2) Linux command line interface window, once when I maximized it, from minimized, is filling itself with 1's. I thought once or twice that I had put a book on the 1 key or something. One time, I closed the CLI window when it was doing that, and a desktop file that was open started adding 1's right away to its' filename. Rarely

3) W7, new install, first boot after setup, started the desktop with 700+ Admin command prompt windows open. Once

It happens rarely. I 'Save' work frequently.

Ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice