1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bios

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tomrae, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomrae

tomrae Thread Starter

how do i change bios settings? how do i get to the bios screen? i need to check the printer setting? win xp

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

BIOS has nothing to do with the version of Windows, but everything to do with the make and model of Motherboard.

If you post back the computer make and model or the motherboard make and model, it should be possible to get specific.

Usually it is F2, or DEL, or F10 or ... at boot time. Pressing twice a second from power up is usually the most effective.

3. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

To change your printer settingsyou do not need to go into the BIO's, this is were your printer settings are located, START.> Settings >Printers and Faxes
    Going into the BIO's without alot of prior knowledge is a disaster just waiting to happen, you change the wrong setting and your computer won't start, any time you condemplate making changes on your computer make sure you put in a restore point in case you need System Restore to bail you out.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Actual the printer port can be configured through the BIOS. The port can be changed. Also whether it is ECP or EPP or ECP+EPP can be changed as well.

5. tomrae

tomrae Thread Starter

it's a dell 3000. what i need to change is the ecp,epp.

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

That is what needs to be done through the BIOS, not through the OS.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice