bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomrae

how do i change bios settings? how do i get to the bios screen? i need to check the printer setting? win xp

BIOS has nothing to do with the version of Windows, but everything to do with the make and model of Motherboard.

If you post back the computer make and model or the motherboard make and model, it should be possible to get specific.

Usually it is F2, or DEL, or F10 or ... at boot time. Pressing twice a second from power up is usually the most effective.

To change your printer settingsyou do not need to go into the BIO's, this is were your printer settings are located, START.> Settings >Printers and Faxes
Going into the BIO's without alot of prior knowledge is a disaster just waiting to happen, you change the wrong setting and your computer won't start, any time you condemplate making changes on your computer make sure you put in a restore point in case you need System Restore to bail you out.

Actual the printer port can be configured through the BIOS. The port can be changed. Also whether it is ECP or EPP or ECP+EPP can be changed as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online