1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twizzie, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

wasnt too sure if this is the right forum to place this in. Anyway, i have a 3.2 ghz p4ht, and its brand new, got it for xmas, and its running slightly slow compared to the other ones i use at school. I was wondering if its possible to enable/disable Hp technology at Bios. One thing i dont know is, how to get to bios

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the make/model of the computer? Many use DEL, some use F2 or F10, still others use ESC. Many times, the key is flashed up on the screen momentarily during the POST, and you can hit the Pause key to have time to read it.

I'm assuming you're talking about HT (HyperThreading), not HP, right?

There could be many reasons why a machine with a similar processor has better performance, you're only looking at one small item.

3. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

yep, hyper-threading, and i built this computer myself

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Again, what's the make/model of the motherboard? If it's a home built machine, my guess is DEL will be the BIOS entry key.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice