1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sir_Ventt, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sir_Ventt

Sir_Ventt Thread Starter

Hey guys, i need help on upgrading my BIOS to get a new Graphics Card to work. But i dont know how too or where too so i am in a little bit of a pickle as you can see. what i do know is my motherboard is a GA-81915. My Video BIOS Version is 5.71.22.24.87 my system BIOS version is GBT - 42302e31 Award Medallion BIOS v6.00PG. BIOS version date is 05/18/06. i dont know if it helps. iv ben told that you can stop your whole computer working if you do it wrong i id tough ill find some one who knows what they are doing.

Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks for looking

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Indeed, if it goes wrong then you can end up needing a new motherboard.
    And an alarming percentage do go wrong.

Can you tell us that you know with 100% certainty that you need the BIOS update to get the video card to work, and that the new BIOS release notes specifically reference that this is a cure?

We cannot verify this as we have no idea what video card you have.

3. Sir_Ventt

Sir_Ventt Thread Starter

The card i have just added is a XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 Extreme Hear is the exact link to the one i bought with all specs http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-GeForce.../B000G0HJZI/ref=de_a_smtd/026-1842426-3697240 Yes i am absolutely positive that that is the problem, i have read countless threads seen the same thing in forums. even the guy i bought it from sugested it. I tryed to do it myslef but i dont think it worked as my computer is still working :p

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice