1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Biostar IDEQ 200V Power Supply Upgrade Allowable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mark345, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark345

mark345 Thread Starter

Hello,

I really need some help upgrading my Biostar IDEQ 200V "small form factor" PC if thats ok!

I'd like to know if it would actually be possible to replace my 200W with a 450/500W PSU? This to provide the additional power for a Sapphire HD 3850 AGP Graphics card (which requires at least a 450W PSU)

Heres my computer: http://www.biostar-usa.com/ideqdetails.asp?model=ideq+200v
    (The only upgrade I have is a Creative Audigy sound card)

The reason I'm cautious about adding a 450/500W PSU is because my motherboard is not a straight forward ATX board; in that it takes an ATX power supply, but only measures 305 x 191 mm- which is not as wide as a proper ATX, making it a micro/flexi board??

I dont know if the smaller boards can handle the same power as the bigger ones basically.

Please help,

Thanks alot!

Mark

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Being a small form factor case you will most likely have to search for a Power Supply to fit the case, as far as the power of the PSU, a higher wattage rating should be no problem, but the more important rating is the Amperage on the +12Vdc rail(s), still one with a higher Amperage rating should be no problem.

3. mark345

mark345 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply DustyJay- Yeah I'm gonna have to get a bigger case then (y) But, I still need some advice please people:

I've been trying to find out which type of motherboard i have for a while because I'm not sure what type of computer case I should order.. if I should get a case with standard ATX mountings of Micro ATX mountings??

The measurements of my motherboard is 305mm x 191mm (LxW) and the sockets/inputs are located across shorter side of the board. Here's my PC/motherboard: http://www.biostar-usa.com/ideqdetails.asp?model=ideq+200v

Please help me out on this one too if you can! I know- I'm lame and should just take it in to a shop- but its so much cheaper online!

Thanks alot

Mark

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice