1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Birth Control

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by pyritechips, Dec 2, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    I am all for it - on a global scale, that is. I hold in contempt the Catholic church, as controlled by the Vatican, in opposing birth control to fight sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted births. Overpopulation is a clear and present danger that crowds disparate peoples against each other, causing strife. Food shortages, energy demands that threaten the eco-system, drains on natural resources and water.

How much foreign aid is spent to support impoverished parents with numerous children? If you can't support six kids why have a seventh? Why isn't more being done to offer preventions and not solutions to problems caused by the unfettered reproduction of the human species? I can only laud China for their attempt at population control, however flawed it may have turned out. Do any of you think I am wrong? Do humans have the "right" to have as many kids as they want, just because they can? I had a conversation at work with somebody about this and she insisted that the "distribution of wealth" was the great evil in the world today. I think she is completely misguided. I am not the only one that predicts that if world populations - especially in the so-called "developing nations" does not level off a real and man-made Armageddon is inevitable. In Canada at least there exists a microcosm of this situation wherein welfare families will have five, six or more kids, knowing that the payout per head will be high enough that they, the parents, will not have to work. The more kids they have the more pity we bestow upon them - with my tax dollars. :mad:

2. valis

valis Moderator

better yet, why is it that (at least as far as the US goes) a generation ago, if you were pregnant in high school, you were in deep yogurt, yet in this generation, you get on MTV?

dunno. But I don't agree with society's 'progress' on this matter, that's for certain.

3. buffoon

buffoon

I mostly agree.

But I do think it's nobody's right to prevent anyone from having as many kids as they can. As I also think it's nobody's right to prevent anyone from persuading parents on the merits of having less (birth control).

As far as spending foreign aid (the cited example) on support of six kids is concerned, one has to acknowledge that they're the ones that survived (where the other nine didn't).

The cited (1st world) examples of antisocial attitude notwithstanding, the problem of overpopulation
    arises mainly in those countries where poverty is rampant. Many kids is the tradtional old age insurance and where survival expectancy is low anyway, the more of them the better.

The tradition and present status of starvation are unfortunately combining like two symbiotically agressive chemicals. It no longer works where it used to.

China is looking ahead to a demographic problem that'll be far more difficult than even our own Western demographics. There are going to be plenty of old parents with only one kid to finance any sort of pension. That'll be the very last date when they'll really have to call in their loans.

4. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    I guess it comes down to the evil of social engineering versus social chaos.

5. buffoon

buffoon

Persuasion (education) towards the merits of less frequent progenitation is a form of social engineering that's better than application of force.

IMO:)

6. poochee

poochee

IMO, people should only have the number of children they can afford. In fairness to the children and society. Therefore, I believe in birth control.

7. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    How the Hell are we going to debate this if you keep agreeing with me???!!! :mad:

8. buffoon

buffoon

Ok, ok, I'll be off then to make a kid:p:D

9. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    Thought you were past that age! :p

10. valis

valis Moderator

Yup....rather astute statement, too.....and we are in total societal free fall, currently.

11. buffoon

buffoon

Now now, don't let envy make you nasty:p:D

12. pyritechips

First Name:
    Jim
    {And here I am trying for a baby girl - what a hypocrite!}

Yes, social chaos is what I am think - entitlement. I think too much freedom is counterproductive.

13. Coastal

Coastal

Ditto-Poochee~
    Everyone should see the video of the lady who has 15 children and her husband of ten of the children just went to jail and she is saying someone needs to help her support those children=translated
    U (me) the taxpayers...I am for birth control. Too many children are being born in to poverty. Little has changed over the last 40 years as long as the government rewards this kind of behavior and it is the little children who suffer.

14. 1956brother

1956brother

i was about to ask the question as to whether are not you and yours were pregnant...i thought perhaps you were against it...obviously not...

don't try for a girl...just ask for fingers and toes:)

alter boys can't get knocked up. the catholic church has lost all creditbilty.

they have no say so; in india, africa, or south america.

in the developing world it is not about how many babies they can produce but,

what minerals they have...welcome to global economics.

you can't walk into the third world and say: you can't have sex with your woman.

15. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    The things I've been reading for the last 10 years say that eventually population of the world will top out at 11 billion....At that time the dying will equal the beginnings....And the Earth's resources will be strained to the limit and will last another 50 years at that consumption....:(

And then what? :confused:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice