1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Birthdays

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lisag, Dec 31, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

This had nothing to do with anything but I was wondering why is it that before I log in, its says that this is peoples birthdays today --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today's Birthdays: ViperFan (45), SUCHACHILL (31), jamesw (23), stark (36), fathercoin (41), aznballer04 , msxpip (31), rathole22 (35), jds (51), Ricardo60 , bgspoonz (30), lollybird (48), Mballard (45), knotreal , Joe 101 (71), y2kbug (33), Bradk (31), uglygarbage (27), GrantusBaldicus , funican (24), davejohno (27), casper03 , Nadinee (41), qalandar , Helene (60), islandtech (31), pappasmurf (23), kaibab , eurodochter (1), Francie , GregWeires

But after I log in it only has this many:

{{Today's Birthdays: jgregory , Gary Viccars (55), crksqrew (30), KenMonty , Tracey111 (36), LOURIE (40), Drinker (26), Mary Insley (39), LeightonP75 (26)}}

Why such a big different??

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Probably time zone... In your time zone, it's another day than in GMT.

3. lisag

lisag Thread Starter

:eek: Note to self: Think before you ask!! lol

4. deuce

deuce

Say Mike... I have always wondered... why is it that all times are -GMT? Aren't you and the server both in Pa?

5. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

I am sure that a couple of those are fake. We should email them all a birthday card! Especially eurodochter (1)!

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

Today's Birthdays:
    ViperFan (46),
    SUCHACHILL (32),
    jamesw (24),
    stark (37),
    fathercoin (42),
    aznballer04 ,
    msxpip (32),
    rathole22 (36),
    jds (52),
    Ricardo60 ,
    bgspoonz (31),
    lollybird (49),
    Mballard (46),
    knotreal ,
    Joe 101 (72),
    y2kbug (34),
    Bradk (32),
    uglygarbage (28),
    GrantusBaldicus ,
    funican (25),
    davejohno (28),
    casper03 ,
    Nadinee (42),
    qalandar ,
    Helene (61),
    islandtech (32),
    pappasmurf (24),
    kaibab ,
    eurodochter (2),
    Francie ,
    GregWeires

I count 31 Birthdays here.........hmmmmm

7. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    vb does GMT automatically, which is okay with me because most people can convert that easily.

8. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    And I'd be willing to bet some of those are false birth dates. Personally, I don't put my real birthday on any signups on the net and I often just use January 1. A name and a birth date can get a person with bad intentions well down the road of acquiring someone elses identity.

9. cwolfe98

cwolfe98

Bryan-
    That is a scary thought.

Even worse. Go to www.anywho.com and click the reverse lookup tab, enter in your phone number. It will show your name, address, and even a map to your front door. ~gulp~ That's all some sicko needs!

10. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    And also having a birth date is a very important piece of info to a credit bureau. It makes a name some what unique. In the past I had always thought a SSN number identified you at credit bureaus but I found out that a name, address and birthdate is how they truly indentify you. An SSN adds to it but the birth date is a key piece of info. SSNs can change so that's why they rely on name, address and birth date to identify you.

11. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Bryan: I am a bit confused ..... When I joined here ... Mulder sent me a very official Tech Guy Form asking for my date of birth, SS#, place of birth, mothers maiden name, drivers license # ..... & now you post this reply......

MULDER......WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU......

12. Mulderator

Mulderator

JH said:

I'm in Aculpulco and the whole trip is free!!! ;)

Bryan said:

The real reason Bryan doesn't put in his birthday is because the computer doesn't recognize any dates prior to 1900!!!

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice