Birthdays

lisag

This had nothing to do with anything but I was wondering why is it that before I log in, its says that this is peoples birthdays today --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today's Birthdays: ViperFan (45), SUCHACHILL (31), jamesw (23), stark (36), fathercoin (41), aznballer04 , msxpip (31), rathole22 (35), jds (51), Ricardo60 , bgspoonz (30), lollybird (48), Mballard (45), knotreal , Joe 101 (71), y2kbug (33), Bradk (31), uglygarbage (27), GrantusBaldicus , funican (24), davejohno (27), casper03 , Nadinee (41), qalandar , Helene (60), islandtech (31), pappasmurf (23), kaibab , eurodochter (1), Francie , GregWeires

But after I log in it only has this many:

{{Today's Birthdays: jgregory , Gary Viccars (55), crksqrew (30), KenMonty , Tracey111 (36), LOURIE (40), Drinker (26), Mary Insley (39), LeightonP75 (26)}}

Why such a big different??

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Probably time zone... In your time zone, it's another day than in GMT.

Say Mike... I have always wondered... why is it that all times are -GMT? Aren't you and the server both in Pa?

I am sure that a couple of those are fake. We should email them all a birthday card! Especially eurodochter (1)!

. . . . pappasmurf (23), kaibab , eurodochter (1), Francie , GregWeires . . .

Today's Birthdays:
ViperFan (46),
SUCHACHILL (32),
jamesw (24),
stark (37),
fathercoin (42),
aznballer04 ,
msxpip (32),
rathole22 (36),
jds (52),
Ricardo60 ,
bgspoonz (31),
lollybird (49),
Mballard (46),
knotreal ,
Joe 101 (72),
y2kbug (34),
Bradk (32),
uglygarbage (28),
GrantusBaldicus ,
funican (25),
davejohno (28),
casper03 ,
Nadinee (42),
qalandar ,
Helene (61),
islandtech (32),
pappasmurf (24),
kaibab ,
eurodochter (2),
Francie ,
GregWeires

I count 31 Birthdays here.........hmmmmm

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
vb does GMT automatically, which is okay with me because most people can convert that easily.

Bryan

Bryan
And I'd be willing to bet some of those are false birth dates. Personally, I don't put my real birthday on any signups on the net and I often just use January 1. A name and a birth date can get a person with bad intentions well down the road of acquiring someone elses identity.

Bryan-
That is a scary thought.

Even worse. Go to www.anywho.com and click the reverse lookup tab, enter in your phone number. It will show your name, address, and even a map to your front door. ~gulp~ That's all some sicko needs!

Bryan

Bryan
And also having a birth date is a very important piece of info to a credit bureau. It makes a name some what unique. In the past I had always thought a SSN number identified you at credit bureaus but I found out that a name, address and birthdate is how they truly indentify you. An SSN adds to it but the birth date is a key piece of info. SSNs can change so that's why they rely on name, address and birth date to identify you.

Bryan: I am a bit confused ..... When I joined here ... Mulder sent me a very official Tech Guy Form asking for my date of birth, SS#, place of birth, mothers maiden name, drivers license # ..... & now you post this reply......

MULDER......WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU......

JH said:

MULDER......WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU......
I'm in Aculpulco and the whole trip is free!!! ;)

Bryan said:

Personally, I don't put my real birthday on any signups on the net and I often just use January 1. A name and a birth date can get a person with bad intentions well down the road of acquiring someone elses identity.
The real reason Bryan doesn't put in his birthday is because the computer doesn't recognize any dates prior to 1900!!!

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online