1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bitdefender Free Edition: have you used it?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by tomdkat, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomdkat

tomdkat Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

I didn't know a free edition of BitDefender existed until about a week or so ago:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Has anyone here used it? If so, how did it work for you? Do you still use it? Was it good? Yadda-yadda. :)

Danke!

Peace...

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

If I recall correctly, the last "Consumer Reports" magazine article on antivirus programs put BitDefender near the bottom of the list.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I use the BD bootable AV CD all the time and would put that at the top of the list. It supports far more graphics cards than any other and has caught some very wiley and rare ones. But haven't used the program.

4. tomdkat

Thanks for the responses. :)

That's interesting. AV-Comparatives.org tends to rank BitDefender at the top of the list.

I didn't know they offered a bootable AV CD. I'll have to check that out. :)

Thanks!

Peace...

5. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

Generally speaking, BitDefender does well in Virus Bulletin's testing as well. I haven't played with it in a while, so my info may be outdated, but the last time I looked at BitDefender the interface was awkward, and it popped up too many useless activity messages. That wouldn't hurt it in effectiveness-based testing, but I bet it would in Consumer Reports evaluations.

6. tomdkat

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. :)

Peace...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055195