Bitmap to gif

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ThiAshmorian

When I copy a gif to my"my pictures" it turns into a bitmap with a "paint" icon by it. How do I get it to go back to a gif? The dropdown in the "save picture" box does not give me the option to change it,there is only "bitmap" in the dropdown it has been working fine,I must have changed something. Thank you for your time Rich.

Hi,
Welcome to The Tech Guys forum
I need to ask...
What operating system are you using ?
Also... what is your image viewer?

Sounds like IE6.0
try right clicking on the picture (ignoring the popup that comes up to save to or print etc... ) & select on the menu "save as". See if that works?

Then repost answering the questions here.

:) Savvy

ThiAshmorian

When I try to save a non animated gif,like when i right click on it, the "save picture as" box only lets me save it as a bitmap and not a gif,I have win98,2nd,O.E.6 . If I try to save an animated gif it allows me to save it as a gif or as a bitmap. The gifs are sent to "my pictures" but if it is a bitmap it goes to "paint". I use to have all sent to "my picture" as gifs. I have been using what ever is default for my viewer. Thanks Rich

Hope that will clear the problem up.... lets us know by posting back here

:) Savvy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.