.bkf problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jessesmama

I have backed up my files off a desktop windows xp on an external drive then moved them to a laptop windows 7 but all i am getting is the shortcut and cannot access files. I am planning on doing a complete wipe out of the desktop and return it to factory settings if possible and dont want to loose all my pictures and documents that I have on it. But on both computers it is stating that it cannot read or open the bkf files on the external items. What can I do? I am not finding any help through the internet.:confused:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never used or backed up my personal data into an external USB hard drive, so I can't address any issues with it.

Unless you have a huge number of GB's of personal data(photos, documents, etc.), you might consider burning it in CD-R's / DVD-R's.

Make sure to finalize / verify each disc after burning personal data in it, and make sure you can access it.

------------------------------------------------------------

TonyB25

Banned
Backing to a USB drive or a CD/DVD is the same thing. Just copy and paste.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online