1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

black and white screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by castanedao, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. castanedao

castanedao Thread Starter

Hello,

I am new to this site and in need of some assistance. I am running windows 7 home premium. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD560. i was on my computer the other day and noticed that it started to run slow. I restarted it and worked a bit faster. after about another hour of surfing and running different programs the screen went from color to black and white. i have tried to uninstall the video driver and reinstalled (which exagerated my screen icons and indows) but no changes to the color. i saw soe forums where they suggest replacing the video card. but i dont know if that is the issue. I am also using a samsung tv as a monitor. when i change the tv to tv mode i get color. i can also print in color. please help. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Open your control panel, switch to classic mode, open the NVIDIA control panel
    Under the display tab on the right, choose adjust desktop color settings
    then at the bottom of this screen, move the slider of DIGITAL VIBRANCE to 50%

If this don't help you may have a bad video card or monitor.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Or cable. Check the plugs!

4. castanedao

i saw that someone else had posted the same thing in Yahoo. unfortuneately i do not know how to switch to classic view in the control panel. i only have 1 way of displaying control panel and NIVIDIA control panel is not an option.
    when i click on appearance and personalization the options i have are personilization, display, desktop gadgets, taskbar and start menu, ease of access center, folder options, and fonts. if i click on display the only thing that i can see is to make icons on desktop smaller or bigger.

5. castanedao

i did check cables and those are secure.

6. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

When you open the control panel in the left pane should be an option for classic view.

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    In the control panel on the right side near the top is the phrase View by. Click the arrow and switch from category to Small Icons. You should see the Nvidia Control Panel.

Interesting Brandon, I've been running Win 7 on four computers and I have never seen the left pane you mentioned. I had to google to find an image so I could see what you were referring to.

8. castanedao

sorry for taking so long to reply. my kids don't give me a lot of time to check the computer settings. I clicked on small icons but still no Nvidia control panel is displayed.

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry, with the ATI Radeon HD560 card you have Catalyst Control Center. I was using info from KomputerKid.

Do you see that?
    If not, perhaps it needs to be installed.

10. castanedao

Is Catalyst Control Center supposed to be in control panel? i did a search for catalyst but nothing found

11. castanedao

how do i install catalyst control center?

12. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you installed a video card, it came with a disk. The software is on the disk.

13. castanedao

I never installed a card. Everything is how i bought this pc

14. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Have you checked the settings on the TV ? Sometimes the inputs can have different modes controlled by on-screen menus and a wrong setting there can lose the colour.

15. castanedao

Checked the settings and they are correct under tv and pc settings.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice