Black and White- Sold out version problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jlb1987

They other day I bought black and white for the bargain price of £5.00... or so I thought.The game installs fine- I have no problems there. But when I try to play it, it just... doesn't load. The black splash screen with 'black and white' and all the other info comes up as normal, for a few seconds, then dissapears, as I suppose it should, but then nothing. I've tried to change the compatibility, to no success. Bearing in mind my computers quite good (512MB RAM, 1.6GZ AMD Athalon, graphics card 128MB, and, of course, the games screwing up spurce itself- windows XP) I don't see what other problems there could be. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

Couriant

James
Try uninstalling it and reinstall it under Windows 98 Compatability (as in on the CD, change the SETUP.EXE file to Win98)

jlb1987

If this works, Tidus, I will love you. Literally. First KOTOR, now this... I'm speachless. You certainly beat the ignorant 'ask on another forum' types found on other websites. Once again, Thank you very much.

Couriant

James
Actually the problem usually lies in drivers (video mainly) but I wanted to make sure that compatability doesn't work.

jlb1987

Yea, but I couldn't find any drivers. I was reccomended a patch along with a ddl file by Sold-out, but it was a 15 MB patch (I only have dial up internet), and knowing my luck, it still wouldn't work. But it's worth giving your go a try, right?

Couriant

James
sold-out? Oh that's the company that redo the old games.

If the patch is to make the game work in WXP, then go for it.

I noticed that EA Lames (EA) was the developer. You may want to check their support section out to.

15Mb on dial up... that's no issue, unless you are paying for your internet dial in (I used to live in london so I know the deal with the net there :D)

jlb1987

Yea, it's just a time issue really. The change of compatibility didn't work, but thanks anyway- at least I eliminated one option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online