Black bars at side of screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeStevens

I've recently re-installed Vista on a friends laptop. Now it has wide black bars on both sides of the screen. How can I resolve this please.

Thank you for any help.

hello try this:
right click on desktop > personalize > desktop back ground > theres three little pictures (on the bottom of the page) choose the left one. click OK.... does this help?

good luck

MikeStevens

Thank you Kenny for your reply. The third little picture you shows what the screen looks like.
Unfortunately, the computer really is my friends and I don't have access to it at present but will have later in the week. I'll try yoiur suggestion then. Again many thanks.(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts