Black box on my TV screen, not closed captioning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lunncal

There is a black box approximately in the centre of my TV screen (LG, I am not sure what model) and i can only get rid of it by switching it off and on until it's not there. I have searched the internet for a solution a lot, and everywhere suggests it is closed captioning however there is no option for closed captioning on the remote or the TV's menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated, so if anyone knows what else could cause this, or if it is closed captioning how to turn it off, then I would be very grateful. Thanks.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Does the TV use any kind of on-screen set-up menus? If so, some type of hardware or firmware malfunction may be causing a blank menu box to appear.

Does the TV have any kind of Picture-In-Picture feature? If so, some type of hardware or firmware malfunction may be triggering it on and showing an unused video input.

lunncal

It has an on screen menu, however I don't think there is anything like a picture in picture feature, at least as far as i can tell. If it is a malfunction with the menu is there anyway I could fix it?

cwwozniak

Chuck
I suspect that a repair might involve replacing a printed circuit board inside the TV. Trying to isolate and replace a bad part on the board itself would require a lot of specialized knowledge, equipment and tools as well as finding a source of a replacement component.

lunncal

OK, well thanks for the help, I guess I'll just look out for a new TV.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online