Black Friday

poochee

Anyone brave enough to go shopping?:D If so, what was your shopping experience? Was it worth it?

As for myself, I did no go near the mall!:eek:

JustJudy

Judy
Poochee, I'm with you.
This was in our local paper:
Robin Feller came to the mall after an ugly 10:00pm incident with the Crockpot sale at Walmart.
"These women were picking up these Crockpots over the guards, and tossing them over to the other person with a cart," said Robin Feller, who suffered a battle wound after being hit in the head with a crockpot. "Seriously, it was crazy."

Although, how many people can say they were hit in the head with a crockpot and lived to tell the tale? It's a good story to pass down through the generations- to show what determined, strong, and sturdy stock they come from. :D

poochee

Poochee, I'm with you.
This was in our local paper:
Robin Feller came to the mall after an ugly 10:00pm incident with the Crockpot sale at Walmart.
"These women were picking up these Crockpots over the guards, and tossing them over to the other person with a cart," said Robin Feller, who suffered a battle wound after being hit in the head with a crockpot. "Seriously, it was crazy."

Although, how many people can say they were hit in the head with a crockpot and lived to tell the tale? It's a good story to pass down through the generations- to show what determined, strong, and sturdy stock they come from. :D
:Ds

eggplant43

A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten
I guess I'm a contrarian shopper, as I'd never want to be amongst those crazy hordes. I've watched the videos, and they aren't pretty. I was famous for always doing my Christmas shopping off-season, and now, I simply make my own presents. I'm also in favor of shopping local, small mom and pop, etc.

poochee

I guess I'm a contrarian shopper, as I'd never want to be amongst those crazy hordes. I've watched the videos, and they aren't pretty. I was famous for always doing my Christmas shopping off-season, and now, I simply make my own presents. I'm also in favor of shopping local, small mom and pop, etc.
A good plan!

poochee

How much crazier can Black Friday get?
CHRIS HAWLEY | November 26, 2011 06:25 PM EST | Associated Press

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As reports of shopping-related violence rolled in this week from Los Angeles to New York, experts say a volatile mix of desperate retailers and cutthroat marketing has hyped the traditional post-Thanksgiving sales to increasingly frenzied levels. With stores opening earlier, bargain-obsessed shoppers often are sleep-deprived and short-tempered. Arriving in darkness, they also find themselves vulnerable to savvy parking-lot muggers.

Add in the online-coupon phenomenon, which feeds the psychological hunger for finding impossible bargains, and you've got a recipe for trouble, said Theresa Williams, a marketing professor at Indiana University.

"These are people who should know better and have enough stuff already," Williams said. "What's going to be next year, everybody getting Tasered?"
"The difference this year is that instead of a nice sweater you need a bullet proof vest and goggles," said Betty Thomas, 52, who was shopping Saturday with her sisters and a niece at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, N.C.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20111126/us-black-friday-what-s-to-blame-3rd-ld-writethru/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online