1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Ink will not print/No pages in previous printer would print

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by u2btrfly, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

:( Hi there,
    OK, here we go. I previously owned a Lexmark Z25 printer and up to a certain point, it was printing ok. Then it abruptly stopped printing any pages. It sounded as if it was getting the signal from the computer, but nothing would print. Rather than buy new cartridges, which would have cost more than a new printer, I bought a Dell 720. Now, the color prints fine, but I cannot get the black to print. The cartridges are just about full with only a small amount out of the black cartridge.

I read somewhere this week that it has something to do with the software. I believe there was a work-around, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it and I didn't bookmark the page! My other computer is WinXP, but I didn't like XP and the fact that I got hosed on the deal with only 128 RAM - never could track down the guy who sold it to me..Figures. Anyway, I now have a computer with WIN2K. I don't have the software for the Dell printer, but I downloaded the drivers from the Dell site. I do have the software for the Lexmark.

Lately, it seems I've seen Dell and Lexmark being spoken of in the same sentence - are they connected?? A LEXPPS.exe, which is Lexmark corporation, is "listening" according to my Comodo, leading me to believe that Dell and Lexmark have a lot to do with each other.

I'm sure this sounds quite like rambling on my part, but this little problem is driving me crazy right now, and while not really a newbie, I'm pretty close - sort of a newbnov.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks a bunch,
    u2btrfly

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Lexmark made the printer, DELL puts their name on it.

Can you do a test page directly on the printer to see if your black is working?

3. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

Hello,
    Sorry it took so long. I tried to print black only - at high quality - and it only prints about five lines and then fades out into nothing.

So, what can I do next? Thanks so much for your help and sorry again for the delay.

u2btrfly

BTW Thanks for clearing up the Dell/Lexmark thing for me!

4. zapatos

zapatos

u2btrfly had a problem with Lexmark color printer which would not print black. I have a Lexmark Z25. It's been working great for several years. Now I have the same problem with the black not printing. Was any solution found for u2btrfly which I might also try? Thank You.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    make sure your black cartridge has ink :)

if the printer has only color, then it could be the printer since to make black it mixes all the colors together.

6. u2btrfly

u2btrfly Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm, just checking in - I got the notification in my email. Regarding the Lexmark - after having two Lexmarks doing the same thing, I just bought another printer - a Hewlett Packard with Camera. The camera broke down, but the printer if fine. Plus, I figured out a way with the help of everyone here to get rid of the bloated software with HP and use a much smaller photo editor. Right now, I'm just using Adobe until I get another camera. Thank God I bought a service warranty on it. Hope I get a refund.

Hope this helps a little.

U2

7. zapatos

zapatos

Yes, black cartridge is full. The Lexmark Z25 has two cartridges. One for the colors (and mixing). The other is BLACK only. After reading u2btrfly's experience, I'm speculating that the sensors may be dead. I'm probably ready for a totally new system also, at this point.
    Thanks.

8. bajdub

bajdub

:confused: I have had the same issue with 2 different printers. First an Epson and now a brand new HP. Even tried replacing ink cartridges in both printers. Running an XP load on the laptop. Color will print on the test pages and black... nothing. Could this be a print spooler issue? Any help is appreciated.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!