1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BLack logon screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ND Rabbit, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND Rabbit

ND Rabbit Thread Starter

i did a system restore as a last resort to slove some drivers issues. The restore went fine had no problems or error messages. But when i rebooted my computer i got a message screen that gave me 3 safe mode boot choies, last known good config, and start windows normally. i have never had this screen before, i have tried all the boot methods but all i ever end up with is a black screen after the windows boot screen. I have gone through the BIOS and checked all the settings and they are all the same as before. Before the system restore i ran windows updater to see if that would solve the problem which it did not. So any help would be very helpful, i am typing this from work because as of 2 days ago i have a 1500$ paper weight tower.

Computer Specs:
    Vigor 500w power supply
    Asus A7v600 mother board
    AMD 2600+ barton core CPU
    1GB Corsair XM DDR PC-3200
    WD 80GB 7200RPM SeaGate 160GB 7200 RPM
    ATI Raedon 9700 pro 128 mb AGP
    SB Audigy 2zs
    Vantek 4 Fan speed controller
    WinXP pro SP1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!